"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
GOD'S HOLY WORD, part 2 quotes
1) The Holy Scriptures are not a dead book, but a present truth for these last days!
“Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.” Amos 3:7.
“But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known... what shall be in the latter days.” Daniel 2:28.
2) What are the odds for 2000 different prophecies, penned by different individuals, on different subjects, over 2000 years of time, all being accurately fulfilled without any errors?
There are 61 main prophecies all pertaining solely to Jesus Christ in the Scriptures, and it has been estimated that the mathematical odds for just one person fulfilling just 8 of these different prophecies is 1 in 10-17th power! (See http://sciencespeaks.dstoner.net/Christ_of_Prophecy.html#c9). That number is 1 with 17 zeros behind it (100,000,000,000,000,000), or 100 quadrillion!
The following example will try to help us comprehend just how large this number is:
“Suppose that we take 1017 silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas. They will cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would have had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man, from their day to the present time, providing they wrote using their own wisdom.” Science Speaks, by Peter W. Stoner, (Chairman of the Departments of Mathematics and Astronomy at Pasadena City College, California), Copyright 1968 by the Moody Bible Institute of Chicago, On-line HTML revised edition 2002 (http://sciencespeaks.dstoner.net/Christ_of_Prophecy.html#c9).
It has also been estimated that the mathematical odds for just one person fulfilling 48 of these prophecies pertaining to Jesus Christ is 1 in 10-157th power (see http://sciencespeaks.dstoner.net/Christ_of_Prophecy.html#c9) or ten unquinquagintillion. And one person has estimated the odds for just one person fulling all 61 main prophecies pertaining to Jesus Christ is “one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion.” Lee Strobel, The Case for Faith, p 262 (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2000). Or 1 in 10-169th power -- ten quinquinquagintillion!
But what are the odds of 2000 different prophecies on different subjects all being accurately fulfilled without any errors? Less that 1 chance in 10 to the 2000th power! (See http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible). Or one hundred sescenquinsexagintillion!
It is flatly impossible for 2000 different prophecies to just naturally occur in complete accuracy! The Bible is indeed the Holy inspired Word of God Himself!
3) All the so-called prophets or clairvoyants, mediums, soothsayers, prognosticators, etc., such as Nostradamus, or more modern prophets, such as Jean Dixon or Edgar Cayce, are only about 60% accurate at best. This means that their prophecies are wrong about 40% of the time! (See http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulfilled-prophecy-evidence-for-the-reliability-of-the-bible). The top Psychics of today are only about 11% accurate in their predictions, meaning that they are 89% wrong! (See Was Jesus the Messiah, section 3 Prophets Verses Psychics, at http://y-jesus.com/wwrj/5-was-jesus-messiah/3/). But the Holy Scriptures have proven themselves to be 100% correct and accurate without a single wrong prediction over some 4000 years of time! God’s holy Word is indeed the truth!
4) The prophet Isaiah predicted that a warrior by the specific name of Cyrus would conquer Babylon, subdue Egypt and all other countries of the known world. Then this man would free all Jewish exiles within his kingdom and allow them to return to Jerusalem without requiring the payment of any ransom (see Isaiah 44:28, 45:1, 13).
-- This prediction was made 80 years before the Jews were conquered by Babylon; 150 years before Cyrus was even born, and 180 years before Cyrus had performed any of these feats which he did fulfill to the very letter, and it’s recorded in Ezra 1:1-11.
About 700 years before Jesus Christ was born, the prophet Micah predicted that the tiny village of Bethlehem was to be the birth place of the Messiah (Micah 5:2).
-- This prophecy was fulfilled to the very letter and recorded in Luke 2:1-20.
About 500 years before Jesus Christ was born, the prophet Zechariah predicted that Christ would be betrayed for exactly 30 pieces of silver, and further predicted that this betrayal money would be used to purchase burial ground for poor foreigners (Zechariah 11:12-13).
-- This prophecy was fulfilled to the very letter and recorded in Matthew 27:3-10.
Joshua predicted that the destroyed city of Jericho would be rebuilt by one specific man. He also prophesied that this man's eldest son would die when the reconstruction work began, and also that his youngest son would die when the reconstruction was completed (see Joshua 6:26).
-- This prophecy was fulfilled to the letter about 500 years later in the life and family of a man named Hiel and recorded in 1 Kings 16:33-34.
These facts prove that the Holy Scriptures of God’s word can be fully trusted 100% of the time because there has not been one single failed prophecy in over 2000 different predictions! And there never will.
God sees the end from the beginning, and so what He reveals to His messengers and prophets is absolutely the truth!
“I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand”. Isaiah 46:9-10.
5) Since we know that we can trust the Holy Word of God, and we also know that today there are so many different Bible versions to choose to read from, then which version of the Bible is the safest to trust and know that it is the Word of God?
Without a doubt, the only version of God’s Holy Scriptures that is the safest to trust is the 1611 King James Version. Why? Because if you compare these other Bible versions with the King James, you will find that these other Bible versions leave out about 2000 different verses, or about 64000 words of God!
The New King James Version is not much better to trust than these other versions. When you compare this new version with the original KJV, you will find that the New King James Version:
– removes the word "Lord" 66 different times
– removes the word "God" 51 different times
– removes the word "heaven" 50 different times
– removes the word "repent" 44 different times
– removes the word "damned" or "damnation" entirely
The total amount of removed and missing words from the new KJV is about 2,200 when compared to the original KJV!
6) If we follow the teachings of the Scriptures then we will be protected from following any error and from being misled to destruction.
“Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth." John 17:17.”
“...the word of the LORD...is truth.” 1 Kings 17:24.
“For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it...I am the LORD; and there is none else. I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth...I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.” Isaiah 45:18-19.
In following the Word of God, who are we really following?
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men....He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name”. John 1:1-4, 10-12.
So in following the Word of God you are following Jesus Christ!
“...the truth is in Jesus”. Ephesians 4:21.
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6.
The truth is not only in Jesus Christ, but He is the truth itself – the Word of God!
7) God’s Holy Scriptures are indeed the truth, nothing but the truth, and will last forever! This is because the Lord God Jesus Christ who created the heavens and the earth, and who also inspired these Scriptures, is the truth and thus He cannot and will never lie!
“God is not a man, that he should lie”. Numbers 23:19.
“Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began”. Titus 1:1-2.
“God, willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.” Hebrews 6:17-20.
8) If you choose to live by every word of God then you will have Jesus within you and thus you will become cleansed, freed from sin and from sinning, to be enabled to keep God’s commandments and become saved from eternal death so you can live in the direct presence of your loving Godhead forever more.
“Then said Jesus...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105.
"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word....Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:9 & 11.
“...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.” Matthew 19:17.
"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14.