"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF HEALTH, part 1 quotes
1) God is very concerned with how we treat our bodies.
“I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:1-2.
2) Each one of us have been purchased by Christ and therefore have become His possession.
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
3) If we then should choose to disobey God’s will and misuse our bodies, then we must suffer the consequences.
“Every misuse of any part of our organism is a violation of the law which God designs shall govern us in these matters; and by violating this law, human beings corrupt themselves. Sickness, disease of every kind, ruined constitutions, premature decay, untimely deaths,--these are a result of a violation of nature's laws.” Healthful Living, p 24.
4) If we disregard any of the principles or laws of health, we actually commit sin because we failed to keep these laws of God!
“It is a terrible sin to abuse the health that God has given us; for every abuse of health enfeebles us for life and makes us losers, even if we gain any amount of education.” Counsels on Health, p 186.
“...the laws of nature, as truly as the precepts of the Decalogue, are divine, and that only in obedience to them can health be recovered or preserved....every practice which destroys the physical, mental, or spiritual energies is sin, and that health is to be secured through obedience to the laws that God has established for the good of all mankind.” Ministry of Health, p 113.
“It is just as much sin to violate the laws of our being as to break one of the ten commandments, for we cannot do either without breaking God's law.” Counsels on Diet and Foods, p 45.
5) If we choose to live up to and obey these God-given principles and laws of health, then we can expect the favor and blessings of God as well as health.
“If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.” Exodus 15:26.
“My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes: keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.” Proverbs 4:20-22.
6) God desires us to be in the best of health!
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” 3 John 1:2.
7) God mercifully reveals exactly what the laws of principles of health are.
“Pure air, sunlight, abstemiousness [temperance], rest, exercise, proper diet, the use of water, trust in divine power.” Ministry of Healing, p 127.
8) Our Creator clearly understands what is the best food for us to eat.
“Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed...and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” Genesis 1:29.
“...and thou shalt eat the herb of the field.” Genesis 3:18.
9) By departing from the divine plan for their diet, the Israelites lost God's favor and suffered great loss.
“And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.” Psalm 106:15.
10) The Bible simply states regarding this subject of proper nutrition:
“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31.