"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE HOLY SCRIPTURES quotes
1) "Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the Scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?" Matthew 21:42.
2) "And He answered and said unto them, My mother and My brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it." Luke 8:21.
"...not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God" 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
3) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..." 2 Timothy 3:16.
4) "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:21.
"Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus." Acts 1:16.
"The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and His word was in my tongue." 2 Samuel 23:2.
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets." Hebrews 1:1.
5) "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began." Titus 1:2.
"He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He." Deuteronomy 32:4.
"Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth." John 17:17.
“The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” Psalms 12:6.
6) “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...” Hosea 4:6.
"...the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 3:15.
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope." Romans 15:4.
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105.
7) “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance...” John 14:26.
“...when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth...” John 16:13.
8) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
9) "Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the words of His mouth more than my necessary food." Job 23:12.
“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4.
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15.
"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts." 2 Peter 1:19.
10) "Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:3-5.
11) "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself....And He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the Psalms, concerning Me." Luke 24:27, 44.
12) "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever." Isaiah 40:8.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away." Matthew 24:35.
“The words of the Lord are pure words...Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.” Psalms 12:6-7.
13) "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20.
“If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God...” John 7:17.
14) "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7.
15) -- There are approximately 2500 different prophecies in the Scriptures. Of these, about 2000 have already been fulfilled and were 100% accurate without any errors. The odds of this occurring by chance are less than 1 in 10 to the 2000th power!! This proves it was not by chance! The remaining about 500 are either condtional prophecies or have yet to be fulfilled.
-- Other so-called prophets or clairvoyants, such as Nostradomus, or more modern mediums such as Jean Dixon or Edgar Cayce, can only obtain about a 60% accuracy at best, meaning that about 40% of their predictions are wrong.
16) Some examples of Bible prophecies and their fulfillment
-- The prophet Isaiah predicted that a conqueror by the specific name of Cyrus would conquer Babylon, and subdue Egypt and all other countries of the known world. Then this man would free all Jewish exiles within his kingdom and allow them to return to Jerusalem without requiring the payment of any ransom (see Isaiah 44:28, 45:1, 13).
This prediction was made 80 years before the Jews were conquered by Babylon; 150 years before Cyrus was even born, and 180 years before Cyrus had performed any of these feats which he did fulfill (see Ezra 1:1-11).
-- About 700 years before Jesus Christ was born, the prophet Micah predicted that the tiny village of Bethlehem was to be the birth place of the Messiah (Micah 5:2).
This was fulfilled in Luke 2:1-20.
-- About 500 years before Jesus Christ was born, the prophet Zechariah predicted that Christ would be betrayed for exactly 30 pieces of silver, and further predicted that this betrayal money would be used to purchase burial ground for poor foreigners (Zechariah 11:12-13).
This was fulfilled in Matthew 27:3-10.
-- Joshua predicted that the destroyed city of Jericho would be rebuilt by one specific man. He also prophecied that this man's eldest son would die when the reconstruction work began, and that his youngest son would also die when the reconstruction was completed (Joshua 6:26).
This was fulfilled about 500 years later in the life and family of a man named Hiel (1 Kings 16:33-34).
17) The best Bible version is the 1611 King James version. Other more modern versions, such as the Revised Standard Version (RSV), and the New International Version (NIV), are found to have ommitted about 2000 different Bible verses or about 64,000 words from the King James version!
The New King James Version is not much better to trust. When you compare this new version with the original KJV, you will find that the New King James Version:
-- removes the word "Lord" 66 different times
-- removes the word "God" 51 different times
-- removes the word "heaven" 50 different times
-- removes the word "repent" 44 different times
-- removes the word "damned" or "damnation" entirely
-- and the total amount of removed words is over 2,200 when compared to the King James Version.
18) "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105.
"Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word....Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:9 & 11.
"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14.