"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
BASIC PRINCIPLES of HEALTH, part 2 quotes
1) “I beseech you therefore brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:1-2.
2) “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
3) “Every misuse of any part of our organism is a violation of the law which God designs shall govern us in these matters; and by violating this law, human beings corrupt themselves. Sickness, disease of every kind, ruined constitutions, premature decay, untimely deaths,--these are a result of a violation of nature's laws.” Healthful Living, p 24.
4) “Pure air, sunlight, abstemiousness, rest, exercise, proper diet, the use of water, trust in divine power.” Ministry of Healing, p 127.
5) “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?...For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:16, 23.
6) “For he (God) spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works....There remaineth therefore a rest (Sabbath) to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.” Hebrews 4:4, 9-11.
7) "Every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." 1 Corinthians 9:25-27.
8) “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever; for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.” Isaiah 26:3-4.
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6.
9) “Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuse for us.” Psalms 62:8.
10) "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." Psalms 42:11.
"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18.
11) "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalms 27:1.
"For in the time of trouble he hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall he hide me...Therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord." Psalms 27:5-6.
"I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God." Psalms 40:1-3.
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him." Psalms 28:7.
12) "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 John 2.
13) "...forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving-kindness and tender mercies." Psalm 103:3-4.