"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
SHOULD WE WAIT FOR THE SUNDAY LAW? quotes
1) "The third angel's message is swelling into a loud cry..." Review and Herald, March 22, 1892.
"The time of test is just upon us, for the loud cry of the third angel has already begun in the revelation of the righteousness of Christ, the sin pardoning Redeemer. This is the beginning of the light of the angel whose glory shall fill the whole earth." Review and Herald, November 22, 1892.
2) "The work to be done now is that of sounding this last message of mercy to a fallen world....They (God's servants) will not be turned from the present message, which is already lightening the world with its glory." Selected Messages, book 2, p 114.
3) "All are to hear the last message of warning. The prophecies in the book of Revelation, chapters 12 to 18, are being fulfilled. In the eighteenth chapter is recorded the very last call to the churches. This call is now to be given." Last Day Events from the Letters and Manuscripts of E.G. White, p 83 (Manuscript 75, September 20, 1906) see also Upward Look, p 277.
4) "The time has come" to sound the loud cry--Signs of the Times, vol 3, p 165 (November 19, 1894).
-- The last call of mercy and warning is "now" to be given--Fundamentals of Christian Education, p 362; Special Testimonies on Education, p 141 (March 21, 1895).
-- "The time has come" to give this message, which is the "special work" of "His church"--Review and Herald, vol 3, p 593 (July 26, 1898).
-- "The time has come" to give this message of Revelation 18--Manuscript Release #311, p 47 (Manuscript 177, 1899).
-- The message of Revelation 18 is "the message for this time"--Manuscript Releases, vol 9, p 290 (Letter 28, February 17, 1900).
-- "(Revelation 18) is now to be given to all parts of the world"--Manuscript Releases, vol 9, p 290 (Letter 86, June 18, 1900.)
-- "Today" we are to be "announcing" the message of the third and fourth angel--Manuscript Releases, vol 10, p 315 (Letter 121, August 13, 1900).
-- "The time has come" to give this last message of warning--Review and Herald, vol 4, p 251 (January 1, 1901).
-- We are to "advance the proclamation of" this message--Review and Herald, vol 5, p 61 (July 28, 1904).
-- "The time has come" to give this last warning message--Manuscript Releases, vol 10, p 219 (September 17, 1909).
-- "The message for today" is Revelation 18--Prophets and Kings, p 187; Lift Him Up, p 164; Review and Herald, vol 6, p 382 (November 20, 1913).
5) "The work to be done now is that of sounding this last message of mercy to a fallen world....The work will grow deeper and become more earnest to the very close of time. And all who are laborers together with God will contend most earnestly for the faith once delivered to the saints. They will not be turned from the present message, which is already lightening the earth with its glory. Nothing is worth contending for but the glory of God. The only rock that will stand is the Rock of Ages. The truth as it is in Jesus is the refuge in these days of error." Selected Messages, book 2, p 114.
"The messenger turned to the congregation and said, `Do you believe the prophecies? Do you who know the truth, understand that the last message of warning is now being given to the world,--the last call of mercy is now being heard. Do you believe that Satan has come down with great power, working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in every place? Do you believe that great Babylon has come up in remembrance before God, and that soon she will receive from God's hand double for all her sins and iniquities?'...If the enemy can keep workers out of the field on any pretext, he will do so." Fundamentals of Christian Education, p 362-363.
6) "The sins of Babylon will be laid open. The fearful results of a union of Church and State, the inroads of Spiritualism, the stealthy but rapid progress of the papal power,--all will be unmasked. By these solemn warnings the people will be stirred. Thousands upon thousands have never listened to words like these. In amazement they hear the testimony that Babylon is the church, fallen because of her errors and sins, because of her rejection of the truth sent to her from Heaven. The people go to their former teachers with the eager inquiry, Are these things so? The ministers present fables, prophesy smooth things, to soothe their fears, and quiet the awakened conscience. But many refuse to be satisfied with the mere authority of men, and demand a plain 'Thus saith the Lord.' The popular ministry, like the Pharisees of old, are filled with anger as their authority is questioned; they denounce the message as of Satan, and stir up the sin-loving multitudes to revile and persecute those who proclaim it.
"As the controversy extends into new fields, and the minds of the people are called to God's down-trodden law, Satan is astir. The power attending the message only maddens those who oppose it. The clergy put forth almost superhuman efforts to shut away the light, lest it should shine upon their flocks. By every means at their command they endeavor to suppress the discussion of these vital questions. The church appeals to the strong arm of civil power, and in this work, papists are solicited to come to the help of Protestants. The movement for Sunday enforcement becomes more bold and decided. The law is invoked against commandment-keepers." Spirit of Prophecy, vol 4, p 424-425.
7) "Today, as in the days of Elijah, the line of demarcation between God's commandment-keeping people and the worshippers of false gods is clearly drawn. `How long halt ye between two opinions?' Elijah cried; `if the Lord be God, follow Him: but if Baal, then follow him.' 1 Kings 18:21. And the message for today is: `Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen....Come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.' Rev 18:2, 4, 5.
"The time is not far distant when the test will come to every soul. The observance of the false Sabbath will be urged upon us." Prophets and Kings, p 187-188.
8) "We have the truth which, in its proclamation is to bring the crisis for this world's history." Last Day Events from the Letters and Manuscripts of E.G. White, p 190 (Letter 94, July 3, 1900).
9) "The message presented at this time is the last message of mercy for a fallen world. Those who have the privilege of hearing this message, and persist in refusing to heed the warning, cast away their last hope of salvation. There will be no second probation." Testimonies, vol 6, p 19.
10) "...there are many, many in our churches who know little of the real meaning of the truth for this time....Oh, how many who have not sought their souls' salvation will soon make the bitter lamentation: 'The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved' [Jeremiah 8:20]!" Testimonies, vol 8, p 252.
11) "The message must go from east to west, and from west to east again. A great shaking must come up. The professed believers in the truth for this time are asleep....
"The message of the angel [Revelation 18] following the third is now to be given to all parts of the world. It is to be the harvest message, and the whole earth will be lighted with the glory of God. The Lord has this one [last] call of mercy to [give to] the world, but the perversity of men diverts the work from its true bearing, and the light has to struggle amid the darkness of men who feel themselves competent to do a work that God has not appointed them to do" Last Day Events from the Letters and Manuscriptf of E.G. White, p 78 (Letter 86, June 18, 1900).
12) "Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts." Hebrews 4:7.
"Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2.