"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
CAN WE REALLY BECOME RIGHTEOUS? Part 1 -- Righteousness By Faith quotes
1) “The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them. I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity. Therefore the Lord hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.” 2 Samuel 22:21-25.
2) “The Lord also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.” 2 Samuel 12:13.
3) “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.” Isaiah 61:10.
4) “...their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17.
5) “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth....and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.” Jeremiah 23:5-6.
6) “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9.
7) “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee...” Isaiah 64:6-7.
8) “Let him take hold of my strength (#4581 meaning the Rock Christ Jesus), that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me....By this therefore shall the iniquity of Jacob be purged...” Isaiah 27:5, 9.
“...we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ...” Romans 5:1.
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28.
9) “And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan...is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him the said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment. And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments.” Zechariah 3:1-5.
10) “Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength...In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.” Isaiah 45:24-25.
11) “Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned....But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many....for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” Romans 5:12-19.
12) “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” Proverbs 28:13.
13) “...by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested...Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” Romans 3:20-21, 4:6-8.
14) “The wages of sin is death.” Romans 6:23.
“Sin is the transgression of the law.” 1 John 3:4.
“Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.” Isaiah 13:9.
15) “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...” 1 Timothy 1:15.
16) “...I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Matthew 9:13.
17) “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.” John 12:32-33.
“...he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all....He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? For he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth...thou shall make his soul an offering for sin....He shall see the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.” Isaiah 53:5-11.
“...and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21.
“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” John 8:36.
18) “And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.” Zechariah 13:6.
19) “...Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour.” Ephesians 5:2.
“As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you...Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:9.
20) “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God...” 1 Peter 3:18.
21) “Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” Isaiah 59:1-2.
22) “O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live? Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from you evil ways; for why will ye die?...” Ezekiel 33:11.
23) “Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire...burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I (Jesus Christ), Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God...” Psalms 40:5-8 (see also Hebrews 10:4-9).
“...God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.” 1 John 4:9.
24) “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” Luke 15:7.
“The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty, he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy. He will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17.
25) “And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe and put it on him...For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.” Luke 15:20-24.
26) “The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation (or atonement) for our sins.” 1 John 4:10.
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us....For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” Romans 5:6-10.
“Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons of God.” 1 John 3:1.