"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
THE SUNDAY LAW CONTROVERSY:
part 2 - Scenario of Events quotes
1) #1. Margaret M. McGowan vs State of Maryland, 366 U.S. 420, docket #: 8 (May 29,1961)
#2. Gallagher vs Crown Kosher Super Market of Massachusetts, 366 U.S. 617, docket #: 11 (May 29, 1961) (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=366&invol=617).
#3. Two Guys from Harrison Allentown (Pennsyvania), Inc. vs McGinley, 366 U.S. 582, docket #: 36 (May 29, 1961) (http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=366&invol=582).
#4. Braunfeld vs Brown, 366 U.S. 599, docket #: 67 (May 29, 1961)
2) #1 The loud cry goes forth before the Sunday law.
#2 Major calamities fill the land and are viewed as judgments from God.
#3 People cry out for Sunday laws.
#4 Secular Sunday Laws passed or enforced in various Countries, States, Districts and Cities. (Note: the following Countries already have passed Sunday laws: Austria, Australia, Canada, England [with SDA support], Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Fiji, Slovenia, etc. In the USA, local, State and Federal Governmental offices and agencies are all closed on Sunday, and the following States have Sunday (Blue) Laws: Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and West Virginia!)
#5 Evil spirits appear, miracles are performed, and people are told to obey the Sunday Laws and also to keep Sunday holy.
#6 Calamities increase, become more intense, and blame is cast upon Sabbath-keepers.
#7 National Law is passed to keep only Sunday holy and is enforced in measure.
#8 Satan appears personating Christ.
#9 Sunday Laws become universal or world-wide.
#10 Death Decree is issued.
3) "I perceive, on a mass scale, that the New Age is not going to come into being as so many people believe and wish to believe. I see it as requiring a...lot of blood, disruption, chaos and pain for a mass change to occur." Magical Blend, Issue #16, 1987, p 22.
4) "Man must change or die; there is no other course." Reappearance of the Christ, p 246, by Benjamin Creme.
5) "Those who fall back to old-time religions are trying to hide in the past...Such timidity is unacceptable. We have to face the world as it is, doing what is necessary to save it....A growing number of people...are sponsoring a backlash against the wave of religious fundamental fanaticism...The right course to take is that which will lead to a new world of unity and world law." Solar Man, p 244-247, by Thomas Ehrenzeller.
"(this backlash against fundamental Christians) is the final, most critical stage in the maturation and civilization of man." Solar Man, p 6.
6) "The New Age [which] will bring joy and happiness unexcelled since the days of the Atlantean era." But only those whose minds are "open to the reality of one world" will be around to enjoy this "wondrous era." Threshold To Tomorrow, p 206-207, by Ruth Montgomery.
7) "No worldly peace can prevail until the self-centered members of the planetary body [Christians] either change or die. That is the choice....Destruction...[to] those who refuse to be born into God-centered, universal life....Only the God-centered will survive to inherit the powers of a universal species....
"It must be done for the sake of the future of the whole. So be it; be prepared for the selection process which is now beginning....
"We will use whatever means we must to make this act of destruction as quick and painless as possible to the one half of the world who are capable of evolving." Barbara Marx Hubbard in Prophecy in the News, April, 1990; quoted in Globalism, p 2-4, by Raymond Blanton.
8) "Death is not a disaster to be feared; the work of the Destroyer is not cruel or undesirable...therefore, there is much destruction permitted by the Custodians of The Plan and much evil turned into good." Alice Bailey, quoted in Whole Life Times, Winter, 1986-1987, p 57, 71-72.
9) "Man must share [in their belief] or die....
"Those who remain adamant will eventually find themselves in the minority and will have to live with it or withdraw from this life....
"They will find it impossible, however, to halt the momentum of change, and eventually will have to adapt to the new conditions...the alternative is annihilation." Maitreya's Mission, p 109, 128, by Benjamin Creme.
10) "We are told that Light and Love and Power and Death must be invoked to fulfill the purpose of the Coming One [the Rider from the secret place, or Lucifer]....
"Light, with which to see the new vision...
"Love...the fixed determination to do what is best for the whole of humanity, or for the group....
"Power...the ability to know the Plan and to work for its furtherance...
"And Death...the power to relinquish, [or take away life], which becomes in time the characteristic of the pledged disciple. The New Era is coming; the new ideals, the new civilization, the new modes of life, of education, of religious presentation and of government are slowly precipitating and naught can stop them. They can, however, be delayed by the reactionary types of people, by the ultra-conservative and closed minds, and by those who cling with adamantive determination to their beloved theories [or truths of God's Word], their interpretations and their peculiar and oft narrow understanding of the presented ideals. They are the ones who can and do hold back the hour of liberation [of the world from everything against the Coming One--or Lucifer]....these must all be brought under the power of death. They can be relinquished with safety and security and not fear of results..." The Externalisation of the Hierarchy, p 276-279, by Alice Bailey.
11) "The arguments...are firmly grounded on the word of God, and having been closely studied with the Bible in hand, leave no escape for the conscientious Protestant except the abandonment of Sunday worship and the return to Saturday, commanded by their teacher, the Bible, or, unwilling to abandon the tradition of the Catholic Church, which enjoins the keeping of Sunday, and which they have accepted in direct opposition to their teacher, the Bible, consistently accept her (the Catholic Church) in all her teachings. Reason and common sense demand the acceptance of one or the other of these alternatives: either Protestantism and the keeping holy of Saturday, or Catholicism and the keeping holy of Sunday. Compromise is impossible." James Cardinal Gibbons, in Catholic Mirror, December 23, 1893.
12) "...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved....for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12.
13) "Every case had been decided for life or death....As Jesus moved out of the most holy place, I heard the tinkling of the bells upon His garment; and as He left, a cloud of darkness covered the inhabitants of the earth. There was then no mediator between guilty man and an offended God....Jesus tarried a moment in the outer apartment of the heavenly sanctuary, and the sins which had been confessed while He was in the most holy place were placed upon Satan, the originator of sin, who must suffer their punishment.
"Then I saw Jesus lay off His priestly attire and clothe Himself with His most kingly robes. Upon His head were many crowns, a crown within a crown. Surrounded by the angelic host, He left heaven. The plagues were falling upon the inhabitants of the earth" Early Writings, p 280-281.
"Then I saw that Jesus' work in the sanctuary will soon be finished. And after His work there is finished, He will come to the door of the first apartment, and confess the sins of Israel upon the head of the Scape Goat. Then He will put on the garments of vengeance. Then the plagues will come upon the wicked, and they do not come till Jesus puts on that garment...Then while the plagues are falling, the Scape Goat is being led away. He makes a mighty struggle to escape, but he is held fast by the hand that leads him. If he should effect his escape, Israel would lose their lives. I saw that it would take time to lead away the Scape Goat into the land of forgetfulness after the sins were put on his head." Spalding-Magan Collection, p 2 (Unpublished Testimony, October 23, 1850).
14) "...that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: even Him [Jesus], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness..." 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10 (see also Revelation 3:10-11).
15) All the problems of the world will be solved when a "new world leader" comes to give this world "a brand new start" (p 12, 14, 35, 69). That this "new world leader" would be "king" over all the earth (p 58), and everyone on the earth will cheer "at His coronation" (p 60). This "new world leader" will empty "hospitals and convalescent homes" by healing the people with "His touch," (p 78) and will "somehow" make people believe that they are immortal (p 81). This "new world leader" will solve all unemployment on earth by giving everyone "full employment" in his "new regime" (p 82-83) by the "establishment of His kingdom" on the earth (p 83-84) and in taking "over the government of mankind" (p 96). This "new world leader" will not allow any "protest" to his designs and plans (p 83-84) in bringing "in the glorious years of eternity!" (p 96).
"Even so, come, Lord Jesus!" Man the World Needs Most, p 96, by Arthur S. Maxwell.
16) "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
"And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it" Matthew 7:24-27.