"LET THERE BE LIGHT" Ministries
GOD'S TRUE CHURCH:
part 2 - How To Become Part of God's Church?
1) "Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" Romans 6:16.
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." John 8:34.
"...of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage." 2 Peter 2:19.
2) "No man can serve two masters..." Matthew 6:24.
"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." 2 John 9.
NOTE: At that time we have the hope and assurance of salvation, but not salvation itself (see 1 Thessalonians 5:8; Titus 1:2, 3:7; Colossians 1:27; Romans 8:24). The gift of salvation, the incorruptible crown of eternal life, is only given to you at the end of the trial of your faith -- if you have endured, not at the beginning of your faith without having endured (see 1 Peter 1:9; Matthew 10:22; James 1:12). Salvation is only given to those who finish the gospel race, not to those who have just began to run (see 1 Corinthians 9:24-27). Salvation is only given to those who hold fast to the true faith, not to those who have just begun in the faith (see Revelation 3:11). And salvation is only given to those who have fought a good fight, who have finished their course, who have kept the faith, not to those who have just entered the fight, or who have just started their course, or who have just embraced the faith (see 2 Timothy 4:7-8). Since we are not yet saved, it behooves us all that we should, by patient continuance in doing God's will, "seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life" (Romans 2:7), and if some should not continue, then they "shalt be cut off" (Romans 11:22). Thus no one can continue to sin and yet believe that they are saved!
3) "Whosoever abideth in him (Christ) sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed (Christ--Galatians 3:16) remaineth in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God..." 1 John 3:6-10.
4) "...every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:17-20.
NOTE: The Bible refers to God's true church as being made up of only those who are saints (1 Corinthians 14:33; Revelation 14:12); those who are sanctified (1 Corinthians 1:2; Jude 1); those who are established in the faith and truth (Acts 16:5; 1 Timothy 3:15); those who are subject unto, or who submit self to, Christ (Ephesians 5:24); those who are joined to Christ (Ephesians 5:31-32); and finally those who are in Christ (Galatians 1:22; 1 Thessalonians 1:1). Thus God's true church will be a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing (Ephesians 5:27).
5) "Not by its name, but by its fruit, is the value of a tree determined. If the fruit is worthless, the name cannot save the tree from destruction. John (the Baptist) declared to the Jews that their standing before God was to be decided by their character and life. Profession was worthless. If their life and character were not in harmony with God's law, they were not His people." Desire of Ages, p 107.
6) "From the beginning, faithful souls have constituted the church on earth." Acts of Apostles, p 11.
"There is no other church than the assembly of those who have the word of God, and who are purified by it." Spirit of Prophecy, vol 4, p 237.
"Those who keep God's commandments, those who live not by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God, compose the church of the living God." Bible Commentary, vol 7, p 949.
"God has a church. It is not the great cathedral, neither is it the national establishment, neither is it the various denominations; it is the people who love God and keep His commandments. 'Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them' (Matt. 18:20). Where Christ is even among the humble few, this is Christ's church, for the presence of the High and Holy One who inhabiteth eternity can alone constitute a church." Upward Look, p 315.
7) "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20.
"The church is in the Laodicean state. The presence of Christ is not in her midst." Notebook Leaflets, p 99.
8) "Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression...neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth. When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousness shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it. Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right...None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live." Ezekiel 33:12-14, 16.
"The Lord Jesus will always have a chosen people to serve Him. When the Jewish people rejected Christ, the Prince of life, He took from them the kingdom of God and gave it unto the Gentiles. God will continue to work on this principle with every branch of His work. When a church proves unfaithful to the work of the Lord, whatever their position may be, however high and sacred their calling, the Lord can no longer work with them. Others are then chosen to bear important responsibilities. But, if these in turn do not purify their lives from every wrong action, if they do not establish pure and holy principles in all their borders, then the Lord will grievously afflict and humble them and, unless they repent, will remove them from their place and make them a reproach." Upward Look, p 131.
9) "...How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God follow him: but if Baal, then follow him." 1 Kings 18:21.
"...choose ye this day whom ye will serve..." Joshua 24:15.
* Here are the links to the quotes used for the other parts in this series: